August 08, 2011

Please Respond to My Poll

I have added a poll to the sidebar; I am very interested in what my viewers think.

I am considering opening a YouTube account and making lessons as videos instead of typing them. It would be faster, and I have a nice new HD camera and some basic editing software to put together some nice videos. I would write on notebook paper or a whiteboard and narrate as I teach, similar to many of the math lessons already on YouTube (the difference is that I would be responding directly to YOUR questions).

If you are interested in seeing some of these videos, opposed to the idea, or even neutral, please let me know by responding to my poll. You may answer more extensively in the comments section below this post.

4 comments:

  1. I voted for Youtube videos. It seems a bit more like active learning that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I thought. It would be easier to follow along with and interactively use than simply reading something I'd typed.

    Of course, if I do go through with it, I would leave the option open to those who pose questions. For example, if someone did not have access to YouTube they could ask me to type out the answer to their question instead of making a video.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea of using Youtube too and using a white board to help teach. A notebook might be a little hard to see unless you stick the camera close to the paper...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very true. *runs out to buy a sweet whiteboard*

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment as anonymous! Don't worry, I don't have those annoying Captchas for my commenters.