October 13, 2011

Find a (Math) Tutor Near You

When I first created this blog, I wanted to keep it simple because I personally don't like it when I'm browsing other blogs and they take forever to load.

However, I've added another useful tool to the sidebar (in addition to the widget I added yesterday) which I hope you will use. I just discovered a revolutionary website called WyzAnt. This site gives tutors and students a place to find each other without going through the hassle and creepiness-factor of websites like cragslist. All of the tutors must complete an extensive application process and YOU, the student, can have THEM, the tutor(s), background-checked. How neat is that?

WyzAnt not only for math, either. There are tutors there that specialize in everything from SAT-prep to violin lessons to Mandarin Chinese.

If you think that you could benefit from meeting regularly face-to-face with a tutor in your area, type your zip code (or a nearby zip code, if you're internet-scared like I am) into the widget I added to the sidebar. Otherwise, just browse on over to the site anyway and check it out.

Sorry, international friends, WyzAnt is restricted to only the U.S. at the moment (I think, though I didn't see anything that explicitly said that).

3 comments:

  1. I have a question and the question button isn't working. Anyways, I have a question about proofs in my geometry class. I don't really understand them, could you explain them? My book gives me explanations that are more confusing than helpful..
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I like the widget for finding tutors, it's really cool. :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Thanks for this recommendation. I will definitely check it out. I also recommend Mathnasium: The Math Learning Center for those who want to improve their math skills.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment as anonymous! Don't worry, I don't have those annoying Captchas for my commenters.